Enniscorthy Town Heritage Walk
Enniscorthy town was founded by St. Senan in 510. It is a situated on the banks of the River Slaney midway between the Blackstairs Mountains and the sea. The streets are tall with tall buildings on each side. Vinegar Hill, 1798 historic battle site, overlooks the town. The town’s heritage walk takes in the Duffry Gate, St Aidan’s Cathedral, the Market House/Market Square, the Athenaeum, St Mary’s Church, Enniscorthy Castle and County Museum, Enniscorthy Bridge and The Cotton Tree site, the railway station, Templeshannon, Vinegar Hill, Society of Friends, the fountain, Seamus Rafter Memorial, post office from 1903, Methodist and Presbyterian Church, the National 1798 Rebellion Centre, and the Maltings. The walkway by the River Slaney also has a children's playground at the entrance of the walk.
Location: Enniscorthy Sat Nav: 52.501411,-6.567228
Enniscorthy Town Prom Walk along the River Slaney
A 6km walk starts close to the Riverside Park Hotel in Enniscorthy (children's playground nearby). This walk starts on a concrete path for approx 500m which brings walkers to the point where the Urrin River joins the Slaney. A Country Walk can be accessed via a Footbridge (not suitable for wheelchair usesrs or prams/buggies). It is 2m in width and more suited to country walkers and hikers.
Location: Starting in Enniscorthy Town Sat Nav: 52.496902,-6.56706