In 1917 Loftus Hall was bought by the Sisters of Providence and turned into a convent and a secondary school for young girls interested in joining the order.
In 1983, it was purchased by Michael Deveraux who reopened it as "Loftus Hall Hotel", which was subsequently closed again in the late 1990s. It was privately owned by Deveraux's surviving family until late 2008, when it was sold to an unnamed buyer. The name 'Loftus Hall' is also applied to the townland surrounding the mansion. The entire townland of Loftus Hall, including the building itself, can be overlooked from Hook Lighthouse.
Location: Hook Peninsula, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
- Next >>